Explore a selection of film costumes and props, Heath’s own character research journals, celebrity portraits and acting awards, and more.
Rare objects on display include:
• Research journals with hand-written notes, kept by Heath to prepare for roles such as the Joker in The Dark Knight
• Original costumes from his films including The Dark Knight and Brokeback Mountain
• His Academy Award and BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor for The Dark Knight
• Two of Heath’s motorcycles and several of his photo cameras
• A wide range of images, including Heath’s own photographic work
• Portraits by several renowned photographers, including Karin Catt, Frances Andrijich, Platon and Anthony Amos
• A diverse selection of objects reflecting Heath’s personal interests, ranging from chess to photography, music videos and directing.
Curated in collaboration with his family, Heath Ledger: A Life in Pictures offers a rare insight into the man behind the camera.
Photo: Karin Catt.